INTENTION IN THE CASE OF A YOUNG CHILD
Young children are divided into two types:
A Child who is Mumaiyiz (achieved puberty)
This is a child who can be taught to invoke the intention by himself. He may be taught by anyone to intend according to the intentions mentioned earlier.
A Child who is not yet Mumaiyiz (Immaturity)
This is a child who is not yet able to comprehend what is told to him. In this case, his legal guardian should intend on his behalf, as follows:
“I intend on behalf of my child here, for ‘Umrah (or hajj)”.
Important Points To Note:
- These children, whether mature or immature, should have been enrobed with the ihram garb before invoking the intention.
- The legal custodian who can invoke the intention on behalf of a immature child is the father and grandfather (if without the father), and those who have been legally authorized by his father. According to the Islamic scholars, it is not legitimate for the mother to invoke the intention on the child’s behalf, the father should is legally empower the mother to do so for the child.
- The child should execute all the vital rites and obligatory acts for Hajj or Umrah.
- The lawful guardian may assist the child by carrying him to circumambulate (tawaf) together. Here, the child should fulfill all the conditions of the tawaf, such as being in a state of ritual purity.
In Following Conditions:
If the lawful guardian carries the child or pushes him in a wheelchair, and the tawaf intention is for both the guardian and his child, is the tawaf for both valid?
There is a difference of scholarly opinion on the validity of the concurrent tawaf of the guardian and his child. The two opinions are:
- The tawaf is valid for the guardian only, and it is not valid for the child, according to the strong opinion within the Shafie school. In such a case, the guardian should tawaf for himself first, and then tawaf while carrying the child or pushing his wheelchair and invoking the intention on behalf of the child.
- The tawaf is valid for both the guardian and the child, according to the weaker opinion. If the crowded situation becomes a problem, one can hold to this opinion.
The child should be refrained from all prohibitions while in the state of ihram, such as taking some fragnance, dressing up (for the son), cutting the hair or finger nails. Transgressions committed will be penalized with the fidyah as for adults, and the guardian will be held to account.
Invalidating The Intention Of Ihram
Hajj or Umrah cannot be invalidated after its intention has been invoked and before the hajj or Umrah has been completely fulfilled. For instance, one who has invoke the intention for Umrah, and who suddenly feels unmotivated to complete it because there are too many people doing the tawaf. He immediately wants to invalidate his Umrah and change his dressing.
The answer: He cannot do that, except by performing three acts, in the following order.
- Slaughter a sacrificial goat (dam).
- Shaving / Cutting, in conjunction with the sacrifice.
- Shaving or cutting the hair, with the intention of tahallul
After these, only then is he free to change his dressing.
Now you can easily get best Umrah packages 2018 in UK from London Star Travel. For more info just contact us.