“Tawaf” is the greeting for this Masjidul Haraam.
Tawaf means to revolve around. However in the context of Hajj & Umrah, Tawaf means to revolve around the Kaaba seven times to complete the procedure of Tawaf.
If somehow a person does not want to perform Tawaf or if it is feared that due to Tawaf he may miss the collective prayer, he can offer the prayer.
Types and Classification of Tawaf:
There are seven kinds of Tawaf:
- i) Tawaful Qudum Or Tawaful Tahiyyah: when a pilgrim enters the Masjid Ul Haram for the first time in the state of Ihram, he will perform a Tawaf which is known as Tawaful Tahiyyah or Tawaful Qudum.
This is Sunnah, a pilgrim who enters Mecca Mukarramah with the intention of performing Hajjul Ifrad or Hajjul Qiran.
However, it is not a mandatory for a pilgrim who comes to perform Hajjut Tamattu or Umrah, or for the resident of the Holy City of Mecca. But it is a mandatory for a resident of Mecca Mukarramah who journeys beyond Miqat before the months of Hajj and enters again in Mecca in the state of Ihram with the intention of performing Hajjul Qiran or Hajjul Ifrad.
- ii) Tawafuz Ziyarah (A Mandatory Tawaf): It is also known as Tawafur Rukn, Tawaful Hajj, Tawaful Fard and Tawaful Ifadah.
This is an element of Hajj. Hajj is not completed without it. It starts with the dawn of 10th Dhul Hijjah to the sunset of 12th Dhul Hijjah.
iii) Tawaful Wada (Farewell Tawaf): Also known as Tawafus Sadr. It is mandatory for a pilgrim.
- iv) Tawaful Umrah: This is an element while performing an Umrah and is mandatory for a pilgrim performing Umrah.
- v) Tawaful Nadhr: It is mandatory when a person (not performing Umrah or Hajj) has made a vow to Allah to do it.
- vi) Tawaful Tahiyya: a person who enters into Masjidul Haraam must perform Tawaf. This is like prayers of Tahiyyatul Masjid when a person enters into any other Masjid. But if any other Tawaf is performed, it becomes its substitute.
vii) Tawafun Nafl: This is not a mandatory tawaf and can be performed at any time during the visit.
Important Points While Performing A Tawaf:
- Tawaf starts when you progress from Hajarul Aswad towards Hatim.
- Tawaf is performed in a director of anticlockwise keeping Hajarul Aswad to your left.
- Starting from the point of arrow marked, one circulation complete when you reach Hajarul Aswad again.
- To complete a Tawaf Seven rounds / circulations must be completed.
- Facing Hajarul Aswad there is a line made of black stone, across the floor of Masjidul Haraam, stand a little before this line to form Niyyah for Tawaf.
- If you stand on this black line you will face Hajarul Aswad. This is the position for kissing
- Hajarul Aswad.
Kissing Place of Ibrahim is forbidden. Please make special note of it.
London Star Travel is a guide for its UK customers /Muslims to have a spiritual pilgrimage to the holy cities of Makkah & Madina. Right now we are offering different Umrah packages which are based on various months like 5 star December umrah package, 3 star November umrah package and 3 star October Umrah package that are economical, customized, luxurious and well managed.
Precautions Before Going for an Umrah2017:
- As per teaching of Islam you should pay off all your liabilities and dues before the spiritual journey. You are also bound by Islam to write a Will before you leave.
- Make a check list of items to be carried for the pilgrimage. It is always better to prepare the list so at last moment you do not forget any items which you might need.
- An Umbrella
- Pair of Sleepers
- Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste mouth wash if necessary
- Shampoo & Soap
- Few packs of biscuits and other dry food items
- Packet of tissues and Toilet Tissue Roll
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Medicines Disprin, Ponstan, Strepsils, Cough Syrup, Immodium
- Face and hands washing soap, Detergent of cloth washing Soap
- One or 2 Cups and glasses
- Few pairs of socks
- Nail Cutter
- A small Knife for cutting fruits (Keep this in your big luggage not in hand Luggage)
- A prayer mat if needed.
- One or two Extra Travel Bags this is for when you go to some place for a longer period or for bringing gifts on way bak.
- Some Extra Packed Juices of soft drinks they are available but its better to have one or two in your bag as well.
- Face cream or cold cream or Patroleum Jelly Its very hot but due to Air-conditioning its also very dry.
- A Travel Iron
- Tea Bags and Water Heater for making tea
- Attend the seminars and workshops conducted by your tour company (tour-operator)
- Make sure you have all the travel documents necessary before you leave for Umrah These Items are:
- Your Passport
- Your Identity Card
- Your Airline Ticket
- Hotel Vouchers
- Transport Vouchers or tickets
- Save some extra time in your departure schedule as it may not be possible for you to depart on scheduled dates due to some unexpected situations particularly for women if they have to delay tawaf during a hajj (tawaf-ziyarah) due to menstrual cycle.
- For women consultation may be taken with their doctor and take proper medications to delay or defer the menstruation cycle during the Umrah.
- All the flights to Jeddah airport cross the Miqat before they land in Jeddah therefore you must be in the state of Ihram when landing in Jeddah airport
- If you are taking a flight directly to Jeddah, you must put on Ihram before you board the plane otherwise you enter Ihram at any transit stop enrooted to Jeddah. Your group leader will advise you about it. You will have lots of help from your fellow pilgrims.
I am sure you like this post and if you are looking for more Umrah deals 2017 , then contact us.